Weddings & Special Events
Wedding and Special Event Policies
Deposits and Fees for Special Events:
- Reservation Deposit: A 50% deposit is required for
reservations, 25% of which is non-refundable. Balance is to be paid
30 days prior to the event.
- Cancellations: In order to receive a 50% refund
on deposit, notification of cancellation must be received no later than
90 days prior to the event date. Notification of cancellation received
after this deadline will result in a forfeiture of the entire deposit.
The lessee will forfeit all their fees if cancellation is received less
than 14 days before the time of occupancy.
- Security Deposit: Ventana will take a credit card
number in case of damage to the facility. The card will be charged for
any and all damages.
- Liability Insurance: Liability Insurance must be
provided in the amount of $1 million dollars per occurrence and $2 million
dollars aggregate with Ventana del Soul named as additional insured
on the policy.
- Credit Card Transaction Fee: An additional 3% processing
fee will be added to credit card transactions over $100. Checks or money
orders are preferred. (no processing fees for cash or checks)
- Gratuity: 18%
- Sales Tax: 8.25% (Exempt Orgs. must provide sales
tax exemption BEFORE event)
- Tape and staples are NOT permitted in the cultural center and may
NOT be used to hang decorations on any surface. No decorations may be
attached to the window because it damages the window film.
- NO rice or birdseed to be used indoors or in the parking lot. Bubbles
are allowed, but not on carpeted areas.
- Candles may be used, but only with proper protective covering surrounding
the candles, both under and around all candles.
- No glitter, confetti, silly string, peanuts, hay, straw, or fireworks
- Seven (10') Rectangular Tables & Four (4') Rectangular Tables
are available at no charge
- 100 folding chairs are available at no charge
- Event time slots include set-up and clean-up time. Do not come before
or stay after the allotted time. Extra time must be arranged before
the date of the event and you will be charged $100 for every hour you
- A one-hour time slot will be included in the wedding package for rehearsal
on the day before the wedding. Rehearsals must be properly scheduled
with an event coordinator and start on or before 4pm. If the rehearsal
runs over the allotted time you will be charged at the regular rate
for every hour over.
- Cooking is not permitted on the premises. Outside caterers must bring
food at appropriate temperatures for placement in hot-holding equipment.'
- Smoking is only permitted outside. Please dispose of cigarette butts
in an appropriate container.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Only Ventana staff is permitted in the kitchen or on the catwalk.
Contact a staff member for AV adjustments.
- All CDs to be played over the surround sound must be given to a staff
member before the event begins. The system can hold up to 5 CDs or is
compatible for MP3 players with an RCA adapter. If you choose to use
an MP3 player be sure to bring the proper equipment and create an appropriate
play list before the event.
- Each person is responsible for the safekeeping of personal items.
Do not leave items unattended. Ventana will not be liable for dresses,
silver, handbags or personal items lost, stolen or damaged during the
- Departure from the premises is required no later than 10:30 pm.
- Discarded disposable items are to be placed in the plastic-lined receptacles.
Such receptacles will be emptied as needed during the event by the attendant
- Lessee is responsible for bussing their own tables during their event unless
a caterer has been contracted to do so.
- Spills of food and or beverages during the event are the lessee’s
responsibility to correct and should be taken care of immediately. The attendant
on duty will gladly assist you by providing brooms, mops, trash liners, etc.
- Lessee is responsible for disposing of their own trash in the dumpster
once their event has ended. All boxes should be broken down and disposed of
in the dumpster.
- At the end of the event the lessee is responsible for vacuuming the carpet.
- Food service areas are to be cleaned and cleared. Do not leave behind extra
food or drink.
- All litter caused by guests at the event, must be removed from the parking
- Any items borrowed must be returned in good condition or they will be charged
against the deposit for the appropriate amount.